Save on popular items from Amazon.

Friday

What in the world is a green baby?




Sometimes weird questions stop us in our tracks. I saw a large paperback edition, titled “Green Baby” in a bookstore recently and had to wonder.

What is a green baby? And why would someone write a book about it?



Before shelling out a pile of greenbacks to pick up the book about green babies, I had to peek inside the volume. Was it about creepy alien offspring, children with exceptional gardening expertise, little ones displaying acute sibling rivalry, vegan parenting, or something else altogether?

Was there some sort of strange Green Baby Syndrome about which I was uninformed?



At last, my curiosity was satisfied, and my querulous quandary was set to rest. The book was apparently all about eco-friendly parenting – how to raise children in an environmentally responsible way. Perhaps not surprisingly, I found several books with similar titles and emphases. Here are a few examples:


OK, that may be helpful stuff, but why did I suddenly feel a hankering to peruse the latest releases in the science fiction department for works on Green Babies?

Images:
Adapted from public domain artwork

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment