Save on popular items from Amazon.

Monday

Spot-off weather report.



Phew! My homeward drive took longer than expected, as I piloted my vehicle through several highway construction zones in a total downpour that lasted for several minutes.

During the storm, I switched on the car radio, looking for a weather update. And I found one!

“We have a slight chance of rain this afternoon,” the meteorologist announced.

But I could barely hear him, over the sound of pelting rain on the roof of my car and the swishing of my windshield wipers.

Slight chance? I think I’ll take a rain check on that report.

Sounds like something’s a little slight, but it’s not the chance of wet weather around here today.

Maybe it’s time to start a tempest in someone’s teacup.

Hey, weatherman! Here’s a bolt from the blue.


I hate to rain on some professional’s proverbial parade, and I wouldn’t wanna steal his thunder. Still, let me throw caution to the wind.

And I'm no stormchaser, but I am pretty sure a total deluge equals 100 percent chance of precipitation.
Where do they find these guys, on Cloud Nine? Or are a few of them simply seven sheets to the wind?

Image/s:
Positively Pouring
Created by this user
on eCard template
Rainy Windshield
Creative Commons Licensing

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Features' Pets - National Pet Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Equestrian Examiner - Madison and More on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment