Save on popular items from Amazon.

Sunday

Visions of PSYCHO in the shower




I just nearly died in the shower. Seriously, I did.

On a quiet weekend morning, I climbed out of bed to enjoy a leisurely shower. I was pretty sure I had the whole house to myself.

OK, a couple of teens were sacked out in the other room, but it would take an Old Testament marvel to rouse them.

I was certain of this, as I’d sent them to bed just a few hours earlier.

So I grabbed the opportunity to take a non-rushed shower.

I snatched my shampoo and intense therapy comb-through hair conditioner. (Hey, I only bother with the more time-consuming products on down-time weekends.)

I fairly sighed, as I stood in the perfect temperature water, lathering up my locks and enjoying some peace and quiet.

And then it happened.

I heard a click. Or at least, I thought I did. Next, I heard a cupboard door slam.

What!?!

I nearly fainted. Startled, I struggled to stay on my feet.

With shampoo running into my eyes, I peered through the steamy shower door.

He was already gone.

Still, the bathroom door was now unlocked. And the towel hanging on a hook on the back of the door was still swinging.

The Boundaries-Don’t-Apply-to-Me-Bandit had come and gone.

I resumed my shower, switched off the spigot, and wrapped in my towel. Stepping from the shower, I peeked into his bathroom cupboard. His toiletries kit was gone.

Hitchcock never dreamed up anything so stressful. It may not have been a stranger, but it was most definitely an intruder.

Image/s:
Movie Stills
From PSYCHO (1960)
Fair use

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Features' Pets - National Pet Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Equestrian Examiner - Madison and More on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment