Save on popular items from Amazon.

Monday

I think I got the POINT from this license plate

 

Is that a vanity license plate, or are you just happy to see me?

 Honestly, you can’t make this stuff up.

 Here it is, Monday morning, and I’m off to the local hospital for a medical scan. The doctor’s order calls for IV contrast.

 So, no big deal. I’ve had that a couple dozen times before. 


  I pull into the parking lot, and a grey minivan cuts right in front of me. Just then, I happened to notice the license plate:

### JAB

 The first three were numbers, but it’s probably illegal (or at least unwise) for me to post the whole license number.


  The plate was from another state, which I won’t name, except to say that it rhymes with “will annoy” (Sorry, had to. It’s a border thing.) And I hate to poke fun, but the plate may or may not have been stamped by a former Governor.

 Maybe that’s beside the point.


 

 I just had to wonder whether the minivan belonged to the phlebotomist, nurse, or medical student who would be administering my intravenous hookup.

 As it turned out, the one doing the needlework was most likely a first-timer or a trainee, based on the number of jabs she took to set things up in my arm. (I tried hard to be brave and stoic, as much as it hurt.) Let's just say she's likely to become sharper at it with practice.

 On the bright side, I’m kind of glad it’s a chillier day, so I won’t have to roll my sleeves up for my afternoon conference. The folks I’m meeting could jump to all sorts of conclusions, based on the needle tracks I’m now sporting. But I’m leery of taking a stab at any of that.

 

Image/s: Adapted from public domain artwork

 

Feel free to follow Twitter. Find Delightfully Amiss on Facebook. Please visit my Amazon author page as well. And I am happy to share my RUNDERDOG ambassador code for 10% off on Bondi Band Athletic Headbands, Accessories, and Fashions. (Simply enter the code at online checkout.).

No comments:

Post a Comment