Save on popular items from Amazon.

Monday

28 Day of Thanks – Reminders




Sometimes I forget stuff. But, hey, I’m in pretty good company. Look what the famous American poet and author Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849) said about failing to remember things.

“If you wish to forget anything on the spot, make a note that this thing is to be remembered.”

Oh, yes. I make lists of important things to remember, and then I lose my lists.

So I appreciate those who are able to offer apt reminders. Oh, wait. Let me clarify that, before it sounds like I’m offering the entire world license to nag. I am thankful for certain people who, by their genuinely benevolent attitudes, are willing to call to my mind stuff that may have slipped out along the way. Such people have earned the right to be heard and sometimes even heeded.

These helpful folks employ tact, as they refresh my recall. 

They don’t shout their cues in front of crowds. They don’t post their prompts on public pages. Their goal is to convey the information, not to humiliate or gain some sort of one-upmanship in the process.

Recently, I forgot to finish a project I had started. Sure, I could chalk it up to some sort of excuse. It’s the holiday season. I’ve been extra busy lately. I’ve been hit with some personal stress and a short bout of pre-winter flu-like symptoms. Yada-yada-yada.

Nope, I just forgot. But I’m back on it, thanks to a helpful and tactful reminder from a friend.

Color me thankful. (Hey, that rings a bell somewhere.)

Images:
Vintage/public domain artwork

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter

1 comment:

  1. I understand. Though personally, I have a mind like a steel....sieve!

    ReplyDelete