Save on popular items from Amazon.

Thursday

28 Days of Thanks – Dentist




Most of us would rather do just about anything besides sit in a dental chair for a drilling and filling. Except when it’s an emergency, accompanied by tooth pain.

Color me thankful.

A few days ago, I felt something sharp on one tooth. It turned out to be a cracked molar. A large portion of the tooth was missing. I have no idea how it happened, but it was gone. And it began to hurt. You know, that sharp sting of agony when a sore tooth has a sudden blast of cold air or water? Yep, that’s it.

Ain’t that a kick in the teeth?

American humorist Ogden Nash (1902-1971) apparently said:

Some tortures are physical.
And some are mental.
But the one that is both
Is dental.

I’m a believer.

I’ve never been so happy to see my dentist, who fit me into the calendar within a couple of days. Now the tooth is fixed. Whew! Thankful indeed.

Images:
Vintage/public domain artwork

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment